Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Music: Piss Bath tape

Here we have a fairly long (45-60 minute?) cassette from Murfreesboro's "venerated" Piss Bath, whom I must confess to never having seen live. That's on me, but I just don't really... eh whatever. Maybe I'm old or maybe... ehhh.

So: to me this tape's tracks, of which, for all intents and purposes, there are infinitely many, all sound about alike. Most of them pretty much consist of a heavy-handed, down-stroked “riff,” (on bass and guitar,) and shouted (female) vocals.

Shit, I could really enjoy this at a show for sure, and yeah I'd probably feel annoyed after like 15 minutes, but ya know, I feel confidant these guys have probably never played for longer than that, and good on 'em. Feel like they know what they're doing.

I drove around with this thing in my car's tape deck for the better part of a week and honestly couldn't tell you if “Side A Repeats,” or if it's all different songs or what, but I like it, I mean it is what it is and I figured I knew what it was when I got it and it, uh, lived up to whatever I thought it would be. The recording quality changes a few times: different "sessions," I guess, but it's all pretty grimy "lo-fi," obviously.


Generic cassette but the Norelco case is yellow (piss) tinted and the art is pretty funny, I guess... J-card doesn't fit into the case properly, so I'll detract a few points for that.  Recommended anyhow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolling encouraged. -MTVE